Last updated: February 24, 2015
The conditions in the Chihuahuan desert and White Sands dunefield provide ecological knowledge of wildlife populations and their ability to change and adapt within that environment. Variation and change occur in all ecological systems. All forms of life are affected by changes in the quality, quantity, and distribution of their habitats. All life forms exhibit adaptations to the environments in which they live.
Students will identify examples of adaptations in animals and describe the importance of adaptations to animals.
- Biology: Animals, Ecology, Wildlife Biology
- National/State Standards:
- STATE STANDARDS: (New Mexico)
1) Science and Environmental Education: Science 126.96.36.199 C. Strand 2: Content of Science
2) Expressive Arts: Art 188.8.131.52 A. Strand: Theatre Drama