Restoration of the Weir House, Weir Studio, and Young Studio
The historic Weir House, Weir Studio, and Young Studio underwent a four-phase restoration project. The 3 buildings were first opened, fully restored and historically furnished, in May 2014. From Spring through Autumn, the Weir House is open on tour and the Weir Studio and Young Studio are both open and self-guided.
Phase I: Systems
- Installation of a new fire detection/suppression system, including twelve 3,800 gallon water tanks placed in the Weir House basement.
- Installation of a new heating system that utilizes biofuels and includes energy-saving features like a warm weather shut-off mechanism.
- Upgraded plumbing and electrical systems.
Phase II: Exteriors
Phase II - COMPLETE
- The roofs of the Weir House, Weir Studio, and the Young Studio were all re-shingled.
- The siding on the Weir Studio and the Young Studio were repaired and painted.
- The Weir House porch was be repaired and a wheelchair accessible ramp was be added.
- The siding on the Weir House was repaired and painted.
Phase III: Interiors
Phase III: COMPLETE
Phase IV: Furnishings
Last updated: February 26, 2015