Kids Safe Web
Welcome Web Rangers!
The World Wide Web is just like a national park. There are a lot of things to see, do and learn. But like any place, there might be dangers, too. If you are not sure, ask a trusted grownup to go along with you.
Here are some suggestions to help you enjoy the web safely:
- Never give your name to a stranger! You wouldn’t do that on the street, so don’t do it on the web.
- Never give out your address or phone number on the web. If a contest requires it, or a friend asks, be sure to ask a parent before giving ANY personal information.
- When in doubt, log out! If something you see, read, or hear on a website makes you uncomfortable, get out of there! If you wish, you can write down the address of the site and ask a parent or teacher to look at the site.
- Bookmark cool safe sites, or add them to your list of favorites.
- Watch for messages that tell you when you are leaving a site that you know is safe.
- If you have other questions, ask a parent or teacher.
A great source of web safety information is NetSmartz.
Web Rangers surf smart!
We’d like to hear from you. If you have any questions or ideas for future activities, please send an eMail to email@example.com. Thanks!