|Subscribe | What is RSS|
Contact: Tawnya Schoewe, 218-283-6670
Contact: Steve Windels, 218-283-6692
International Falls, MN:One of the park's houseboat sites (K37 Yoder Island) that was affected by temporary closures in May to protect bald eagle nesting pairs is now reopened for public use.
The other sites that were closed for bald eagle nesting in May remain closed. The sites that remain closed are:
- K3 Camel Back Island Campsite, Kabetogama
- K11 Happy Landing Campsite, Kabetogama
- K47 Eks Bay Houseboat site, Kabetogama Lake
- N11 Hamilton Island Campsite, Namakan Lake
- R45 Skipper Rock Houseboat Site, Rainy Lake
VNP natural resource managers follow the conservation management actions of the Bald Eagle and Golden Eagle Management Act (16 U.S.C. 668-668c, 1940 as amended). Each year since 1992, the park has temporarily closed the land and water areas around active bald eagle nests to visitor use during their critical nesting periods.