Special Use Permits

A Special Use Permit (SUP) is required for activities that provide benefit to an individual, group, or organization rather than the public at large. These activities require some degree of management from the National Park Service if there is potential for interference with visitor use, congestion of a highly visited area, or possible impact to park resources.

A sample of events that might require a Special Use Permit:
  • Weddings
  • Organized Bike/Running Races
  • Large Gatherings
  • Scattering of Ashes
  • Rememberance Events
  • First Amendment Demonstrations with more than 25 people
Please contact the Chief Ranger at (601) 634-0885 if you have questions about what events require a special use permit.

The Appilcation Process

  1. Download and complete the Application for a Special Use Permit
  2. Include a non-refundable $25 application fee

Send completed applications with the non-refundable permit application fee to:

Chief Ranger
Vicksburg National Military Park
3201 Clay Street
Vicksburg, MS 39183

Submit your application at least 4 weeks in advance of the desired date. We cannot prioritize last minute applications. Complex special events may require more than 4 weeks to process.

Last updated: September 20, 2017

Contact the Park

Mailing Address:

3201 Clay Street
Vicksburg, MS 39183


(601) 636-0583

Contact Us