Last updated: February 24, 2015
Trading to Survive
- Grade Level:
- Third Grade-Fifth Grade
- American Indian History and Culture
- 30 minutes
- Group Size:
- Up to 24 (4-8 breakout groups)
- in the park
- National/State Standards:
- Arizona State Education Standards:
Social Studies: 4th grade
Strand 1, Concept 2: PO 2.
Strand 4, Concept 4: PO 4.
Strand 4, Concept 4: PO 5.
- Sinagua, Tuzigoot, Montezuma Castle, montezuma well, southern sinagua, trade, PREHISTORIC
OverviewDifferent cultures surounding Tuzigoot had different resources found in their regions, not found in other areas. In order to survive, everyone needed to trade products they produced to other Cultures who then traded for some of their products. Food and clothing were big trade items... but macaw parrots and turquoise jewelry too!
This lesson plan is written to combine in the park with the Tuzigoot Scavenger Hunt. But you can use it in your classroom as is!