Depending on group size or your field trip schedule, a self-guided visit to the park may be for you!
Build your own program using our self-guided booklets and curriculum materials. This lets you meet the individual objectives of your class.
This is what you need to do for a successful (and fun) visit to the park:
Reservations are required for all school groups (including those who do not receive a ranger program).
- Decide which park site you wish to visit
- Make a reservation
- Review the curriculum materials
- Prepare your students by using the pre-visit curriculum materials
- Print a Visitor Guide for the site you are visiting (Fort Caroline or Kingsley Plantation) - these are pdf files, please be patient
- Be prepared for the conditions (see Tips for Teachers)
- Check in at the Visitor Center when your group arrives at the park
- Use the post-visit materials when you are back in the classroom