The State, Tribal, Local, Plans & Grants Division is not currently accepting applications for Tribal Heritage Grants from the Historic Preservation Fund. Eligible applicants are Indian Tribes, Alaskan Natives, and Native Hawaiian Organizations.
For reference, general guidelines and instructions are provided below.
Who is Eligible:
- 1. Federally recognized Indian tribes
- 2. Alaskan Native groups
- 3. Native Hawaiian organizations defined as eligible applicants under the National Historic Preservation Act (54 U.S.C. §300314)
How to Apply:
Application packages must be submitted using grants.gov in response to a notice of funding opportunity number under Catalogue of Federal Assistance number 15.904. Detailed application instructions are posted on grants.gov. For technical issues related to using grants.gov or questions about registering with grants.gov, please call 1-800-518-4726. For questions about completing an application, please email our office or call 202-354-2020.
Before You Apply:
- 1. Ensure that Adobe Acrobat Reader is installed and updated on your computer.
- 2. Ensure that your registration in the System for Award Management (SAM) is finalized, complete, and up-to-date.
- 3. Ensure that your registration with grants.gov is complete and current.
Registration with these sites can take 2 to 3 weeks, so please allow plenty of time. If the project is funded, applicants should expect to be able to begin work no sooner than the fall. Please take this into consideration when creating a project timeline. Proposed projects should be completed within two to three years.
- 2020 Application and Instructions (for reference)