A Cell Phone guided tour of the Delta-09 missile silo is available for visitors to learn the history of Minuteman Missile silos on the Great Plains and how Delta-09 was operated for thirty years. A National Park Service ranger narrates this interpretative tour. The guide and tour are free, the only charge is for the minutes used by your cell phone provider.
THING TO DO
Take A Self-Guided Audio Tour of Delta-09
Dial 605-301-3006 to get started on the tour. Even though the stops are numbered, visitors can choose any stop in any order to accommodate their visit. The ten stops are as follow:
- Minuteman Missiles: Hidden in Plain Sight
- Minuteman Missiles: Why South Dakota?
- Minuteman Missile: From Launch to Ground Zero
- Minuteman Missile: A Technological Wonder
- Hardened Ultra High Frequency Antenna
- Soft Support Building
- The Personnel Access Hatch
- The Improved Minuteman Physical Security System
- Putting in a Missile
- The Minuteman: Past, Present and Future
Whatever your pace, this audio tour will enhance your visit to Delta-09.
Visitors are encouraged to leave feedback after their tour. Press "0#" at any time to record your audio feedback. Your valuable feedback will help us to enhance the audio tour and will be greatly appreciated.
Service animals allowed.
Accessibility is limited by the gravel driveway and gravel or dirt surfaces from the parking area through the fence gate and to the silo itself. At the silo, a concrete apron is immediately in front of the viewing enclosure.
Last updated: June 21, 2018