Traveling the National Road - Accommodation on the National Road (Unit 4)
- Grade Level:
- Upper Elementary: Third Grade through Fifth Grade
- Social Studies
In “Traveling the National Road (Accommodation on the National Road)” students will learn what types of food and overnight accommodations were found along the National Road. The materials packet contains teacher background information, a student reading and two activities.
Guiding Question: What kinds of meals and places to stay were found along on the National Road? What types of foods were served? How are they different from today's meals and places to stay?
Student objectives: Students will…
· List two things people could buy at a tavern
· List two differences between a stagecoach tavern and a wagon tavern
· List five foods that were served at stagecoach taverns and three that were not
· Explain how three objects were used by travelers