Last updated: January 5, 2017
- Grade Level:
- Upper Elementary: Third Grade through Fifth Grade
- Lesson Duration:
- 60 Minutes
After completing this program, 4th and 5th grade students will be
1. List and explain three unique hunting adaptations of owls.
2. Describe what an owl pellet is, why owls produce them and how
they are produced.
3. Name at least three things that might be found in an owl pellet.
4. Demonstrate the vocalizations owls make and why.
What can you learn about owls in Sequoia National Park? This predator/prey discovery program is complete with food web discussions and owl pellet (replica) dissection. Students will perform their own owl pellet dissection and identify prey using their new knowledge of skull and bone characteristics.