- Grade Level:
- Middle School: Sixth Grade through Eighth Grade
- Social Studies
- Common Core Standards:
- 1.SL.1, 1.SL.2, 1.SL.3, 2.SL.1, 2.SL.2, 2.SL.3, 3.SL.1, 3.SL.2, 3.SL.3, 4.SL.1, 4.SL.2, 4.SL.3, 5.SL.1, 5.SL.2, 5.SL.3, 6.SL.1.a, 6.SL.2, 6.SL.3
1. This program begins with a brief introduction to the
National Park Service.
2. Discussion of the Homestead Act of 1862.
3. American Indian uses of the buffalo.
4. Summary and questions
The format includes lecture, visual aids and videos.
- explore the Plains Indians use of the buffalo
- discuss the Homestead Act of 1862
How to Participate
Homestead National Historical Park is able to connect to students using several different technologies to include: H.323 (IP addresses), through a conference call. If you do not see the connection you are specifically looking for, please contact us at the information below.
Homestead National Historical Park partners with the Center for Interactive Learning and Collaboration (CILC) to schedule programs. Accounts are free and there is no charge for any of our programs.
Please register for a program here.
If you are unable to register through CILC, please call the Education Specialist at (402) 223-3514 or via e-mail.
Last updated: September 18, 2021