National Historic Landmarks Program - Alaska Regional Office
Alaska's Heritage Assistance Program is a team of historians, architects, archaeologists, and anthropologists who take part in history and culture projects all over Alaska. We partner with tribes, community groups, government agencies, Alaska Native corporations, parks, universities, and nonprofits to provide technical assistance, facilitate research projects, and participate in community events.
Contact us to find out how the Alaska Region HAP team can help protect and preserve your historic and cultural resources.
Our team can help:
- Nominate properties for the National Register of Historic Places
- Education and public outreach events
- Survey and test archaeological sites
- Document oral history and cultural traditions
- Document, rehabilitate, and restore historic structures
- Guide compliance with Section 106 of the National Historic Preservation Act
Please contact this office about properties in Alaska.
240 W 5th Ave.
Anchorage, AK 99501
Phone: (907) 644-3470
Fax: (907) 644-3811
Last updated: August 29, 2018