Wayside exhibit grids provide a digital framework for creating wayside exhibit production files. The grids are furnished in a variety of sizes and comply with the NPS Sign Program.
Grid Version Requirements:
- Adobe InDesign CS2, CS3, or CS4 (MacOS or PC-Windows)
- NPS approved OpenType® fonts NPS Rawlinson OT and Adobe Frutiger Std.
Acquiring NPS Approved Fonts
- NPS staff can download NPS Rawlinson OT and Adobe Frutiger Std from the NPS Graphic Identity Program website.
- Contractors and partners can obtain NPS Rawlinson OT through their local park contact.
- Contractors and partners must acquire their own copies of Adobe Frutiger Std from Adobe Systems or from another font vendor.
- Retrieve an OpenType Font Chart for the NPS typefaces.
Wayside Exhibit Grids
Version 4 (2019)
This version of the Wayside Exhibit Grids includes these revisions:
- Addresses transparency issue with the black band and Adobe InDesign: the black ID band for all grids has been converted to a rich black (60/50/40/100).
- CS2 versions now available (autodate feature disabled - incompatible with CS2).
- New 24x42 upright grid added.
- Download the NPS Wayside Grids. - NOTE: These templates are only available to NPS employees who are connecting on an NPS network. Non-NPS users will encounter a "Page Not Found" error.
Last updated: September 23, 2019