Bat Week is Oct. 24 - Oct. 31! This is an excellent opportunity to celebrate bats. Bats do a lot of things that help our natural areas be strong and healthy:
- Some bats eat insects that destroy crops and spread disease.
- Some bats pollinate plants, like agave.
- Bats help spread seeds to grow new plants.
- Show your bat appreciation on social media, using #BatWeek.
- Host a bat-centric party.
- Cook up a dish make possible by bats. (Pumpkin Chocolate Fudge sounds pretty good! And bats eat the insects that harm cacao plants.)
- Update your social media profile pic with the Bat Week twibbon.
- Participate in the Tweet Storm, Wed., Oct. 30 at 1 p.m. ET.
Last updated: October 21, 2019