Species Element Testing
Thank you in advance for taking the time to test the a new element on NPS.gov that creates species lists for individual parks. A team has tested this new element but would like your help to make sure that everything is working correctly.
Please use whatever type of Internet-connected device you wish—desktops, laptops, tablets, or phones are all fair game.
The test period will run from September 21-28, 2015. If you are unable to participate in the testing period, we completely understand. If you are able to participate, thank you so much for your help.
There are 8 test cases in this task each taking a minute or two to complete. For each task you’ll be asked to interact with the park species list element found at https://www.nps.gov/acad/learn/nature/species-list.htm. Each task is designed to test a specific piece of the element to make sure it’s working as it should. You’ll use the response form to let us know what’s going on.
For each test case you’ll record your response on this form this form as either “pass” (all is good) or “fail” (something is broken). Each time you enter a test you’ll also enter what device you are using, operating system, and browser. We do realize that entering this every time is a bit cumbersome—but it also allows you to leave and come back to finish at a later time. You can also do the same test with different devices if you feel like it. The more information you provide the better the element will be.
Please go to the species list page on Acadia National Park’s website and test the following.
- Park Drop-Down - Even though there is only one option, are you easily able to select a park from the drop-down list?
- Category Drop-Down - Using the species category drop-down, are you easily able to select “Birds” from the list?
- Get Checklist - Select the “Get Checklist” button. Did the time it took that data to load feel reasonable given your Internet connectivity?
- Species Attribute Definition - Select the “species attribute definitions” link. Does the resulting text display properly on your device? Do you have any issues reading the text, scrolling, or closing the window?
- Print - If you have access to a printer from the device you are using, select the “Print or Export” button and attempt to print the bird list. Did you have any issues? Did the document print as you would expect?
- Table Navigation - Are you able to scroll both up/down and left/right to see all portions of the table? For example, can you find the last bird on the list (the double-crested cormorant or Phalacrocorax auritus) and scroll right to see the “Occurrence” column which should say “Present”?
- Let us know - Select the “Let us know” link underneath the table. (That link will open in a new window or tab.) There is no need to actually submit a message but can you navigate the form and access all fields on the device you are using?
- General Comments - If everything worked great for you, there is no need to respond to this “test”. However, if you have recommendations, please let us know by selecting test 8 in the form, choosing “fail”, and then add your comments.