Backcountry Camping Regulations
- Camping Permits and Park Passes are required.
- Pets are prohibited in the campgrounds.
- Camp only in designated sites (does not apply to North Manitou Island).
- Fires are permitted only in the communal metal fire rings.
- Use down and dead wood only.
- Do not leave a fire burning unattended. Put out all fires before leaving the campground.
- Carry out all trash.
- Snowmobiles, bicycles, or any wheeled vehicle is prohibited from being on the trail or in the campground.