Wilderness Reservation Form

360 view of Silliman Pass on the border between Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks
Silliman Pass is a gateway between Twin Lakes in Sequoia National Park and the Sugarloaf Valley in Kings Canyon National Park

NPS Photo

If you would like to guarantee a date and trailhead for a backcountry trip, you can make a reservation. There is a $15 nonrefundable camping fee per permit. See below for information on how to pay this fee.

The fee is being collected as part of the Recreation Fee Demonstration Program authorized by Congress in 1996. It allows, for the first time, for fees collected to be returned directly to the park.

We can accept reservation requests for the current year no earlier than March 1 and no later than three weeks before the start of your trip.

We need the following information in a reservation request:

  • The dates you wish to begin and end your trip.
  • The trailhead where you will be entering and exiting the park. (Send alternate entry points and/or dates to avoid delays in getting reservations)
  • Method of travel (foot, horse, ski, snowshoe)
  • The number of people in your party (maximum is 15, except in Redwood Canyon where it is 10).
  • The number of pack and saddle stock in your party, if applicable (maximum is 20).
  • Your best estimate of where you will camp and the number of nights in each location.
  • The name of your organization or group (if applicable).
  • Your name, address, and phone number.

You may fax this information to:
(559) 565-4239

or mail it to:
Wilderness Permit Reservations
47050 Generals Highway #60
Three Rivers, CA 93271
For information call (559)565-3766.

If faxing your request, you can pay the fee by VISA or MasterCard only. If you mail your request, you can pay by VISA, MasterCard, money order, or check (make check payable to National Park Service).

You should receive a written confirmation of your reservation within 3 weeks. If you would like to verify that we have received your fax, or if you have not received your confirmation within 3 weeks, phone the Wilderness Office at (559) 565-3766.

Changing trailhead itinerary on a reservation may be done up to 21 days in advance of your start date, if space is available at another trailhead. The same is true of increases in party size if the reservation quota for the trailhead is not full. Changes in number of nights and reductions in party size may be made at any time. We must receive your reservation request no fewer than 3 weeks before the start of your trip.

Last updated: March 31, 2012

Contact the Park

Mailing Address:

47050 Generals Highway
Three Rivers, CA 93271


(559) 565-3341

Contact Us