|Subscribe | What is RSS|
Contact: Dana Dierkes, 559-565-3131
SEQUOIA AND KINGS CANYON NATIONAL PARKS, CA – The Grant Grove and Wilsonia areas of
Kings Canyon National Park will be temporarily closed to visitors until further notice starting at 6 a.m. on August 22, 2015, due to ongoing fire activity in the area and related smoke impacts. There are no direct fire threats to Grant Grove, Wilsonia, or Cedar Grove in Kings Canyon National Park at this time.
This is in addition to other recent closures:
• On August 16 - The Cedar Grove area of Kings Canyon National Park closed.
• On August 21 - Overnight facilities were closed in the Grant Grove area in Kings Canyon National Park.
Other places to visit:
• The wilderness of Kings Canyon National Park remains open.
• In addition, Sequoia National Park remains open.
• Note: The wilderness of Kings Canyon and much of Sequoia National Park have had poor air quality,
For more information about Sequoia National Park, call 559-565-3341 or visit www.nps.gov/seki.