|Subscribe | What is RSS|
Contact: Michelle Fidler, 559-565-3131
Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks, CA – Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks will offer free admission to the public in honor of Veteran’s Day on Tuesday, November 11, 2014. This fee free day is offered to all park visitors in honor of current members, retired members, and reserve members of the United States Armed Forces and their families. In addition, Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks will offer free admission on twelve days in 2015.
The 2015 entrance fee-free days for National Park Service sites nationwide are:
• January 19: Martin Luther King Jr. Day
• February 14-16: Presidents Day weekend
• April 18-19: National Park Week’s opening weekend
• August 25: National Park Service’s 99th birthday
• September 26: National Public Lands Day
• November 11: Veterans Day
Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks will also offer three additional entrance fee-free days in 2015.
• March 4: 75th Anniversary of Kings Canyon National Park
• September 25: 125th Anniversary of Sequoia National Park
• December 13: Celebration of the Nation’s Christmas Tree (General Grant Tree)
This fee waiver includes: entrance fees and commercial tour fees. Other fees such as reservation, camping, tours, concession and fees collected by third parties are not included unless stated otherwise.
CORRECTION: Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks are strong economic engines for the region and local communities. In 2013, nearly 1.48 million park visitors contributed $111.7 million in communities and supported nearly 1,400 jobs in the local area.