|Subscribe | What is RSS|
Contact: Mike Theune, 559-565-3703
SEQUOIA AND KINGS CANYON NATIONAL PARKS, Calif. March 15, 2017 –There are 13 more reasons to enjoy these national parks in 2017! The parks will offer free admission to all on 13 days in 2017.
The 2017 national entrance fee-free days are:
- January 16: Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- February 20: Presidents Day
- April 15-16 & April 22-23: National Park Week Weekends
- August 25: National Park Service Birthday
- September 30: National Public Lands Day
- November 11-12: Veterans Day Weekend
- June 3: National Trails Day
- August 12: A Day Honoring Buffalo Soldiers
- December 10: Celebration of the General Grant Tree: Nation’s Christmas Tree
Usually, Sequoia and Kings Canyon has an entrance fee of $30 per car. The entrance fee waiver does not cover other user fees for things like camping, lodging, equipment rental, or special programs that charge a fee. Visitors can learn more about these parks by visiting www.nps.gov/seki or calling 559-565-3341.
About Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks
These two parks, which lie-side-by-side in the southern Sierra Nevada in Central California, serve as a prime example of nature’s size, beauty, and diversity. Over 1.5 million visitors from across the U.S. and the world visit these parks for the world’s largest trees (by volume), grand mountains, rugged foothills, deep canyons, vast caverns, the highest point in the lower 48 states, and more.