Student Employment

a ranger prepares to give a talk at the General Sherman tree
A ranger prepares to give a talk at the General Sherman Tree.

NPS Photo - Rick Cain

Student Pathways Program

We are very interested in hiring college students for each summer season. In order to qualify for employment, a student must:

  • Be a citizen of the United States to obtain a federal job at Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks or any National Park Service site. Non-federal jobs may be available in Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks with the Sequoia Parks Conservancy or commercial operations like hotels, restaurants, etc.

  • Be currently enrolled on a full-time or half-time basis in an accredited institution of higher learning and must maintain at least a 2.0 grade-point average.

Anyone interested in summer employment may apply via USAJOBS. Please refer to the information on the new Pathways Program website for students and recent graduates.

Types of Summer Employment Positions

Minimum Qualifications Needed for Seasonal Employment

Benefits of Seasonal Employment

Positions traditionally filled under the Pathways Program include:

  • Park Guide

  • Visitor Use Assistant

  • Trail Laborer

  • Maintenance Worker

  • Forestry Aid (Wildland Firefighter)

  • Custodial Worker

  • Biological Science Aid

  • Office Clerk

If you have questions about working for Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks, send us an email or call (559) 565-3341.

Last updated: October 5, 2023

Park footer

Contact Info

Mailing Address:

47050 Generals Highway
Three Rivers, CA 93271


559 565-3341

Contact Us