The wharf is located directly across from the Custom House and it extends 2,045 feet into the Salem Harbor. Richard and Elias Hasket Derby began construction on the wharf in 1762. They, and their family, added to the wharf into the 19th century. The Wharf now serves as the docking location for the Friendship of Salem.
Last updated: April 2, 2020