Welcome to the Commercial Use Authorization (CUA) site for San Juan Island National Historical Park!
A CUA allows an individual, group, company or other for-profit entity to provide commercial visitor services within a National Park area, and is required if an entity provides a good, activity, service, or other function to visitors in a NPS managed area, uses park resources and results in compensation, monetary gain, benefit or profit.
PL 105-391, Section 418 and 36 CFR 5.3 require NPS issue and charge a reasonable fee for CUAs. The law requires that NPS ensure CUAs:
· Are accomplished in a manner consistent to the highest practicable degree with the preservation and conservation of park resources and values.
· Are consistent with the purpose for which the Park was established.
· Comply with all applicable management plans, park policies and regulations. · Are subjects to conditions promoting the safety of visitors.
· Limit the liability of the United States Government. And,
· Are subject to a reasonable fee that at a minimum recovers administrative and management costs of the CUA. Completed applications (link below) must be received by the park no less than 90 days prior to the date you wish to begin operating in the park. There is a $100 application fee that must be included with the submitted application. Please send check or money order to address below. Once an application is approved, a minimum of $300.00 administrative fees will apply. Application for Commercial Use Authorization Commercial Use Authorization Reporting Form Contact: Elexis Fredy, Superintendent PO Box 429 Friday Harbor, WA 98250 Office: (360) 378-2240, ext. 2223, Cell: (360) 298-8123, Email: email@example.com
Application for Commercial Use Authorization
Commercial Use Authorization Reporting Form
Reporting Form Contact: Elexis Fredy, Superintendent PO Box 429 Friday Harbor, WA 98250 Office: (360) 378-2240, ext. 2223, Cell: (360) 298-8123, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org