Welcome to the Commercial Use Authorization (CUA) site for San Juan Island National Historical Park!
A CUA allows an individual, group, company or other for-profit entity to provide commercial visitor services within a National Park area, and is required if an entity provides a good, activity, service, or other function to visitors in a NPS managed area, uses park resources and results in compensation, monetary gain, benefit or profit.
PL 105-391, Section 418 and 36 CFR 5.3 require NPS issue and charge a reasonable fee for CUAs. The law requires that NPS ensure CUAs:
· Are accomplished in a manner consistent to the highest practicable degree with the preservation and conservation of park resources and values.
· Are consistent with the purpose for which the Park was established.
· Comply with all applicable management plans, park policies and regulations.
· Are subjects to conditions promoting the safety of visitors, and
· Limit the liability of the United States Government.