Press Kit

This press kit is designed to assist journalists and others with general park information, statistics and other background materials about Saugus Iron Works National Historic Site. Free, public domain images of the park for use in publications can be obtained by visiting our Flickr page.

Saugus Iron Works National Historic Site is one of over 400 National Parks administered by the National Park Service, U.S. Department of the Interior. Park Superintendent, Paul DePrey, 978-740-1680.

Physical resources
9 acres, 1 historic home, 3 reproduction industrial buildings, 7 waterwheels, 1 blacksmith shop, 1 museum, 1 estuary and stream.

April 5th, 1968 by the United States Congress to "preserve the first sustained integrated ironworks in the Thirteen Colonies."

The park is open seasonally, 6 months/year from May - October. 11,181 visitors (2014). Park averages 10,000+ visitors/year. Park visitors contribute $700,000+ to the local economy (2010).

Last updated: July 17, 2016

Contact the Park

Mailing Address:

244 Central St
Saugus, MA 01906


(781) 233-0050

Contact Us