Special Use Permits

Groups and individuals can use Saugus Iron Works National Historic Site for special events, commercial activities and photography through a Special Use Permit (SUP). A SUP authorizes activities that benefit an individual, group or organization, rather than the public at large. These activities require written authorization and management oversight in order to protect park resources and the public interest.

Activities requiring a SUP include, but are not limited to: weddings, commercial filming and/or photography, First Amendment activities, athletic and other public/private special events.

To request a SUP applicants must fill out the Application for a Special Use Permit (download), and mail to the attention of "Mike Parr/SUP" at the address listed below.

Filming Application
Any commercial, non-profit or other formal filming or photography in the park requires an Application for Filming Permit (download). The completed form must be mailed to the attention of "Mike Parr/SUP" at the address below. News media are exempt from this permit but are asked to contact the park when conducting filming on the premise.

Unless the requested use is an exercise of a First Amendment rights, applications must be accompanied by a non-refundable, $50 check made out to "The National Park Service." Non-profits, charities, community organizations, etc. are not exempt from $50 application fee.

Applications for Special Use Permits must be received by the park no less than two weeks prior to your proposed event date. The only exception to this is for First Amendment activities.

More Information
If you are not sure whether or not your event requires a permit or have other questions, contact:

Mike Parr
Chief Ranger
160 Derby Street
Salem, MA 01970
978-740-1654 (Fax)

Last updated: February 26, 2015

Contact the Park

Mailing Address:

Saugus Iron Works National Historic Site
244 Central St

Saugus, MA 01906



Contact Us