Getting around the Bay Area and San Francisco:
- 511.org is a phone and web source for current Bay Area traffic, transit, rideshare, and bicycling information, including planning a trip by public transit. From within the Bay Area, call 511, and from outside the Bay Area, call 888-500-INFO (888-500-4636).
- For more information regarding getting around San Francisco (and for the Historic Street Cars), please visit the San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency website at https://www.sfmta.com/getting-around.
- The Visitor Center is located at 499 Jefferson Street (at Hyde), San Francisco, CA 94109 (415-447-5000)
- The Hyde Street Pier and the historic ships are across the street from the Visitor Center (call the Visitor Center, 415-447-5000 for directions and info)
- The Maritime Museum is in the Bathhouse Building at 900 Beach Street (at Polk), San Francisco, CA 94109 (415-561-7100)
- For research in the collections,plan a research visit to the Maritime Research Center in Fort Mason Center, Building E, San Francisco CA 94123 (415-561-7030)