Always be aware of your surroundings.
1. Do not leave valuables (purses, computers, GPS, etc.) in your car. Vehicle break-ins do occur at the missions. You can avoid becoming a victim by keeping your valuables with you, and out of plain sight in your vehicle.
2. There are uneven walkways throughout the park, and low clearance entrances within the mission compounds. Watch your step and your head as you visit and explore each mission.
3. Please do not climb, walk, or sit on the historic walls (including the well that has steps up it!). Not only could you fall, but continued additional weight causes the mortar to deteriorate faster, leading to possible wall collapses.
4. Please don't climb the trees, it isn't worth that photograph.
5. Beware of the wildlife! Do not approach or feed any animal you encounter. Keep an ear and an eye out for bee hives/swarms (painful sting!) and fire ants (painful bite!). Please inform a Park Ranger of all sightings. There is also poison ivy (painful itch!) in wooded areas –Leaves of three, let it be!
6. Keep an eye out for bike riders.
7. Report all loose dogs to a Park Ranger; do not approach. The park is in an urban area, where stray animals are common.