Board of Directors
The Board of Directors oversees the development and implementation of a comprehensive strategic plan for the Ocean Alaska Science and Learning Center (OASLC) that ensures the program is collaborative and considers the mandates, needs, interests, and goals of all coastal Alaska park units.
• Promotes accountability and effectiveness for OASLC operations and programs;
• Provides guidance in the design and implementation of management activities;
• Decides on strategies and procedures to best accomplish OASLC strategies;
• Is responsible for programmatic decisions concerning planning, budgets, personnel, and program accountability; and
• Maintains the integrity of OASLC funds.
Technical Advisory Committee (TAC)The TAC acts as a link between scientists and managers, and between NPS and other natural resources agencies. It is crucial to establishing a shared vision of science, education, and outreach. The TAC specifies how this vision can be achieved and monitors and measures progress toward established goals. The committee is comprised of natural resource managers, scientists, interpretive rangers and others as appropriate. It is chaired by the OASLC Director.
Board and TAC Committee meeting minutes are available upon request. Please contact Deanna Ochs, OASLC Communications Specialist at e-mail us.