Last updated: June 10, 2016
NPS Photo, courtesy of Al Golub Photography
- GETTING READY FOR 2016:
A Call to Action
- Action Item:
- Go Green
- Year Accomplished:
Like most parks these days, Yosemite is working hard to integrate energy efficient practices into their operations. From publishing sustainability newsletters, to installing the largest photovoltaic project within he Pacific West Region, to DNC Parks & Resorts at Yosemite remodeling the Village Store - Yosemite is raising the bar while reducing their impact. And most importantly, Yosemite is making it a priority to share their work with others!
Yosemite Sustainability Quarterly
The Photovoltaic System at the El Portal Complex
DNC Parks & Resorts at Yosemite - Village Store Remodel
- Energy efficient refrigeration was installed - equivalent of removing 8-10 vehicles off the road annually.
- New Marmoleum flooring made with 97% natural raw materials, 70% of which are rapidly renewable.
- Produce moved to front to promote healthier options to visitors.
- Upgraded store ventilation system with R-19 batt insulation to reduce the need for heat and cool air.
- Previous displays from remodel re-purposed in Curry Village and Yosemite Lodge.
- Reclaimed lighting from the store was re-purposed in the backroom areas.