Last updated: June 10, 2016
- GETTING READY FOR 2016:
A Call to Action
- Action Item:
- Invest Wisely
- Also Promotes:
- Live and Learn
- Year Accomplished:
Orientation, interpretation, and safety information increased dramatically in quality and availability this year, thanks to investments in updating and upgrading dozens of wayside exhibits throughout the parks:
- Over 30 trailhead panels now display consistent safety information and maps.
- Resource protection messages sound out loud and clear at improved exhibits along trails, at trailheads, and at picnic areas.
- Twelve shuttle information panels make it easier for visitors to use the system.
- Older, difficult-to-maintain exhibit bases were replaced with 18 graffiti-resistant bases that also meet accessibility measurements.
- Some of the orientation panels are bilingual, helping our many Spanish-speaking visitors to navigate the park safely.
These panels serve visitors 24 hours a day with beautiful, consistent designs and accurate information.