Beginning on Tuesday, August 25 there will be an increase in access to some park facilities and park rangers will be conducting tours and special programs. Visitors are reminded to practice social distancing and Leave No Trace principles.
NOTE: Check this page often for the latest updates on open facilities, access and program schedules. All openings and programs are based on available staffing. Temporary closures may occur on short notice.
Facilities and Programs
- Park grounds remain accessible at the Penn Center National Historical District and in the City of Beaufort. Please practice social distancing and “Leave No Trace” principles. Outdoor exhibits and information is available 7 days a week at the park visitor center in Beaufort and Darrah Hall on St. Helena Island.
- Darrah Hall on St. Helena Island is fully accessible and will be open to the public from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm, Tuesday through Friday. Interpretive exhibits and park information will be available.
- Outdoor information is available at the park visitor center in Beaufort and at Darrah Hall on St. Helena Island. Park staff will be available 10:00 am to 3:00 pm, Tuesday through Friday to provide information, assistance and park materials including passport stamps and Junior Ranger activities.
- The park visitor center interior and restrooms remain closed.
- Ranger led programs to be offered at the Penn Center National Historic Landmark and at the Beaufort National Historic Landmark District.
Subject to change depending on conditions and staff available.