- Date & Time
- Multiple Days: 07/21/2018, 07/28/2018, 08/04/2018, 08/18/2018
- Fee Information
- Contact Us
- e-mail us
Join the Marin MPA Watch Volunteer Team!
Do you love to walk on the beach?!
Would you like to learn more about the science and importance of Marine Protected Areas (MPAs)?
Then join us on the Marin MPA Watch Volunteer Team!
The Marin MPA Watch trains volunteers to observe and collect unbiased data on coastal and marine resource use at Agate County Beach, Corte Madera Marsh, Drakes Beach, and Limantour Beach.
Data is used to inform the management, enforcement, and science of California's MPAs. Volunteers learn about the coastal environment, become "community scientists" and stewards of the area, and generate quantities of monitoring data that would not be possible under the current state budget.
The MPA Watch program is implemented by organizations throughout California. The Marin MPA Watch is managed by the Environmental Action Committee of West Marin (EAC), and in collaboration with the California Academy of Sciences, and Point Reyes National Seashore.
2018 Training Dates: All training dates are weather dependent. Register in advance for training with email and phone number. Trainings are subject to rain delays or reschedule.
- Saturday, July 21, 2018, at Drakes Beach, noon to 3 pm: Field Training
- Saturday, July 28, 2018, at Drakes Beach, 2 pm to 4 pm: Field Training
- Saturday, August 4, 2018, at Limantour Beach, 11 am to 2 pm: Volunteer Training
- Saturday, August 18, 2018, at Drakes Beach, 11 am to 1 pm: Field Training - CANCELLED
Other Training Sessions:
- Group Training (10 or more participants) can be scheduled outside of the scheduled training dates by contacting the EAC Marin MPA Watch Team by email.