- Date & Time
- Multiple Days: 05/12/2018, 06/09/2018, 06/30/2018, 07/21/2018, 07/28/2018
- Fee Information
- Contact Us
- e-mail us
Marin MPA Watch Volunteer Training
Do you love to walk on the beach?!
Would you like to learn more about the science and importance of Marine Protected Areas?
If you answered YES, please become a Marin MPA Watch volunteer! We are looking for active volunteers to walk Drakes Beach, Limantour Beach, and Agate Beach to monitor human uses in our Marine Protected Areas (MPAs), and potentially to educate interested members of the public about Marin's MPAs.
MPA Watch training is free and is open to all interested volunteers. Please contact EAC staff by email to confirm your attendance at the volunteer training.
2018 Training Dates: All training dates are weather dependent. Register in advance for training with email and phone number. Trainings are subject to rain delays or reschedule.
- Saturday, May 12, 2018, at Limantour Beach, noon to 2 pm: Volunteer Training
- Saturday, June 9, 2018, at Drakes Beach, 1 pm to 3 pm: Field Training
- Saturday, June 30, 2018, at Limantour Beach, 10 am to 1 pm: Volunteer Training
- Saturday, July 21, 2018, at Drakes Beach, noon to 3 pm: Field Training
- Saturday, July 28, 2018, at Drakes Beach, 2 pm to 4 pm: Field Training
Other Training Sessions:
- Sessions for Groups (10 or more participants) outside of the scheduled training dates are available. Contact EAC staff for scheduling by email.