The Volunteers-in-Parks Program Management Assistant promotes stewardship of Point Reyes National Seashore by supporting the Point Reyes National Seashore Volunteers-In-Parks (VIP) Program. The VIP Program provides opportunities for the public to connect with Point Reyes through work that assists park staff in meeting park goals.
The Volunteers-in-Parks Program Management Assistant assists the Volunteers-in-Parks Program Manager with the following duties:
- Updates and maintains current volunteer position descriptions
- Updates online recruitment materials
- Documents and responds, via email and phone, to volunteer inquiries
- Manages the volunteer email list
- Develop written support materials for volunteers and program managers
- Performs other administrative duties as assigned
- Ability to interact with a wide variety of people, including staff, volunteers, and the general public
- Ability to communicate very well both orally and in writing
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to represent the National Park Service in a professional manner
- Ability and knowledge in working with Windows-based computers and computer software, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint), email, and internet-based applications
- Ability to work in HTML helpful
Special Requirements of the Position
The Volunteers-in-Parks Program Management Assistant must complete and clear a background investigation (National Agency Check with Inquiries) and complete and pass the Information Technology Security Awareness Training, both for access to federal information technology systems.
Schedule and Time Commitment
The Volunteers-in-Parks Program Management Assistant is expected to make a 1 year commitment working 1 to 2 days per week for 6 to 8 hours per week. The exact schedule is flexible and negotiable.
Training will be provided on the job.
Benefits to the Volunteer
The Volunteers-in-Parks Program Management Assistant will enjoy the satisfaction in helping to develop park stewardship and achieve park goals through the Volunteers-In-Parks program while helping the public connect with Point Reyes through direct involvement in park operations. The Volunteers-in-Parks Program Management Assistant will also enjoy the opportunity to learn about various park programs and gain experience working in a national park setting.
Individuals are encouraged to participate.
Minimum age is 18.
Housing and RV sites are not available.
Application and Contact Information
Please apply here via Volunteer.gov. For more information, contact Doug Hee at 415-464-5145 or by email.