The Habitat Restoration Tool Manager maintains hand and/or power tools to:
- Support the preservation of native plant habitat via the manual removal of non-native invasive plant species
- Support the safe and efficient operation of the Habitat Restoration volunteer program by ensuring volunteers have properly maintained hand tools
- Maintain hand tools and equipment in good working order
- Repair broken tools and equipment
- Assist with organization and cleaning of the Vegetation Toolshed
- Maintain gas-powered equipment (if volunteer possesses appropriate skills and expertise)
- Contribute ideas for better organization, use, and maintenance of Vegetation tools, equipment, supplies, and toolshed.
The Habitat Restoration Tool Manager must have expertise in the maintenance and repair of hand tools, knowledge of safe use of equipment and tools needed to maintain tools, and good organizational skills.
Experience in maintaining gas-powered equipment (hedgetrimmer, chainsaw, brushcutter) is helpful.
Schedule and Time Commitment
The minimum time commitment is 4 hours per month for at least 5 months on weekdays between the hours of 8 am and 5 pm. Weekend work may be possible.
Training is provided on-the-job and includes 1) an orientation to the Vegetation Management program and relevant tools and 2) a review of the Point Reyes National Seashore Safety and Wellness Handbook and protocols.
Benefits to the Volunteer
- Satisfaction in helping to support the preservation of native plant habitat
- Satisfaction in helping to support the safe and efficient operation of the Habitat Restoration volunteer program
- Opportunity to contribute skills and expertise to improving the functioning of the Point Reyes National Seashore Vegetation Management program
- Opportunity to gain familiarity with park programs and projects
Individuals are encouraged to participate.
Minimum age is 17.Volunteers under 18 must have a signed parental consent form. Please contact us (see below) for more information.
Housing and RV sites are not available.
Application and Contact Information
Please apply here. (You will be directed to Volunteer.gov.) For more information, contact Ellen Hamingson at 415-464-5196 or by email.