As the Solid Waste/Recycling Program Analyst, you will create a cost-benefit analysis and research investment strategies of the solid waste and recycling program at Point Reyes National Seashore.
- Analyze historic cost data of the Park's solid waste program
- Explore all applicable options for fulfilling waste stream diversion challenges
- Examine staffing allocation and make recommendations on improving operational efficiencies for the Park's solid waste operations
- Become familiar with the Park's Integrated Solid Waste Management Plan
Skills, knowledge, experience
The volunteer should have a degree in Business Administration.
- The volunteer must complete and pass the Information Technology Security Awareness Training, for access to networked government computers.
- The volunteer must complete the “California Law Enforcement Telecommunications System Statement Form” regarding access to confidential information for using or working within earshot of an official park two-way radio.
Schedule and Time Commitment
The schedule is flexible depending of the needs of the volunteer. The project will last until a full analysis of the program is completed.
Benefits to the Volunteer
Gratification in helping Point Reyes National Seashore and the National Park Service.
Minimum age is 18.
Housing and camping/RV sites are unavailable.
Application and Contact Information
Please apply under the "Current Opportunities" listing. For schedules and more information, contact Ed Walls at 415-464-5153 or e-mail.
Top of Page