This 34-mile journey begins in Maryland and ventures into the farmland's of Pennsylvania before heading to Dam 5 in the Chesapeake and Ohio Canal National Park. This tour, from a series of tours in Washington County, encompasses hundreds of miles of paved roads.
- Begin in Clear Spring Park just outside of Clear Spring, MD.
- Head north into hilly Pennsylvania.
- Turn south to Maryland through some of the Cumberland Valley’s finest farmland.
- Pass the Wilson Bridge Picnic Area at the longest stone arch bridge in the county.
- Continue south through more farmland to Dam No. 5, one of the feeder dams for the Chesapeake and Ohio Canal.
For turn-by-turn directions and other itineraries throughout the region, visit www.visithagerstown.com and a map for bike tours and routes in Washington County.