Ride 33-miles through the hills of Maryland beginning and ending in historic Boonsboro. This tour is from a series of tours in Washington County, encompassing hundreds of miles of paved roads.
- Begin in the town of Boonsboro, MD.
- Head south and climb up South Mountain, a spur of the Blue Ridge chain, to the War Correspondents’ Arch at Gathland State Park. This park was once the mountain home of George Alfred Townsend, a Civil War journalist.
- Ride back up the valley to the town of Keedysville, where water is available.
- Travel to Sharpsburg, MD to Antietam National Battlefield, the site of the bloodiest day of the Civil War.
- Leave the battlefield, and pass the University of Maryland Experimental Farm and the Washington County Agricultural Education Center and Rural Heritage Museum.
- End in Shafer Memorial Park.