- Date & Time
- Multiple Days: 05/25/2018, 05/26/2018, 05/27/2018, 05/28/2018, 05/31/2018, 06/01/2018, 06/04/2018, 06/05/2018, 06/06/2018, 06/07/2018, 06/08/2018, 06/09/2018
- Fee Information
This summer, through a collaboration between the University of Colorado (CU Boulder) Museum of Natural History and Mesa Verde National Park, visitors to the park can engage with hands-on education activities that will highlight the power of plants.
These free activities are available to visitors of all ages at the Mesa Verde Visitor and Research Center, located off Highway 160, just outside the park entrance.
Interact with CU Boulder student educators to explore activities about:
- How the Ancestral Pueblo people relied upon plants and how plants impact our lives every day
- Plants’ amazing adaptations that help them survive in dry environments
- The many ways plants support a well-balanced ecosystem
- How even one plant, yucca, can support the multiple needs of people, insects, other animals, and non-living parts of the ecosystem
- The diverse relationships between plants and pollinators
- How plant biodiversity makes ecosystems stronger and more resilient
Visitors will be invited to make up-close observations of plants and museum objects, play with interactive learning tools and games, and act as a naturalist while exploring the park with an eye for connections between plants and other parts of Mesa Verde’s ecosystems.
|Friday May 25th||7:30am - 11:30am|
|Saturday, May 26th||7:30am - 12:00pm|
|Sunday May 27th||12:00pm - 3:00pm
(and at the Morefield Campgrounds from 5:00pm - 7:00pm)
|Monday May 28th||9:30am - 2:30pm|
|Thursday May 31st||11:30am - 4:30pm|
|Friday June 1st||9:30am - 2:30pm|
From June 4th to 9th, join us for Wildflower Week! Explore the power of plants with a special focus on the colorful and diverse native wildflowers of Mesa Verde.
|Monday June 4th||10:00am - 3:00pm|
|Tuesday June 5th||8:00am - 1:00pm|
|Wednesday June 6th||1:00pm - 6:00pm|
|Thursday June 7th||11:30am - 4:30pm|
|Friday June 8th||7:30am - 12:30pm|