- Date & Time
- Everyday from 02/04/2013 to 03/01/2013 12:00 AM to 12:00 AM
- Fee Information
- Contact Us
- e-mail us
· Competition open to ages 13 and up
· There are two categories for recipe submissions: sweet and savory.
· Only non-meat recipes will be judged.
· During the first round, recipes will be judged on authenticity of ingredients and nutritional value. Send recipes to: Keena_Graham@nps.govor ATTN: Keena Graham, 3729 County Road 98, Bridgeport, Alabama 35740 by 12 a.m. CST March 1, 2013.
· During the second round, recipes from each category will be judged on taste by park staff.
· The top three finalists will be announced on the park's social media sites on March 18, 2013.
· First place winners will be announced on April 8, 2013.
Recipes will be based on servings within a 2000 calories per day diet. Calories, fat content (≤30%), and carbohydrates must be listed. Bonus points will be given for additional nutritional information for the first round.
· Competition open to ages 8 through12
· Same rules as adult competition apply
· All finalists will have their recipes and pictures posted on the park's website.
· First place winners in the adult divisions will receive a 17" cast iron skillet from Lodge and a collection of native foods cookbooks.
· First place winners in the children's division will receive gift baskets to encourage their culinary interests.
*National Park Service employees may not participate in this contest.