|Subscribe | What is RSS|
Contact: Christine Beekman , 505-757-7210
Pecos, NM – Pecos National Historical Park and other National Park Service units that collect entrance fees are beginning to gauge support for possible changes in park fee rates.
As suggested by the NPS standard entrance fee schedule, Pecos NHP's new proposed rates would be as follows (implemented by January 2017):
- Individual entry per person would increase to $7.00. All entrance passes would remain valid for reentry for up to seven days.
- The annual pass for Pecos National Historical Park would increase to $30.00.
- Senior , $10.00 one-time charge for those age 62 and over
- Military , free with military ID, renewable annually
- Access , free for those who are permanently disabled, and
- Volunteer, free for those with 250 service hours with a participating government agency
All four of the above-named passes are available at Pecos National Historical Park and their rates are not set to change at this time.
In previous years, entrance fee money has directly benefited Pecos National Historical Park and its visitors. These funds have, for example, been used to develop and install new trail-side signs, improve park trails, provide better accessibility for all at the visitor center, and upgrade trailhead parking.
Park staff seeks feedback about the proposed fee schedule changes. All interested persons are invited to come and make comments at a public meeting at the Pecos NHP E.E. Fogelson Visitor Center, Pecos Room, on Wednesday, February 11, 2015 from 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM.
P.O. Box 418
Pecos, NM 87552
Email comments may be sent by February 18, 2015; please write "proposed fee rates" in the subject line.
Comments may also be submitted to the Public Comment site, https://parkplanning.nps.gov. Feedback the park receives will help determine how and when a fee increase may be implemented.