Peirce Mill was built in the 1820's, and operated commercially until 1897. The United States Government acquired the mill as part of Rock Creek Park in 1892. Currently the mill is not operating. It is being preserved and ultimately will be made operable again when sufficient funding for repairs is made available. Until then, Peirce Mill remain's open to the public as a museum and ranger contact station. Peirce Mill is on the National Register of Historic Places.
Not currently available
Facilities Exhibiting Museum Items
(Rock Creek Park)