From the 1890's until the 1950's, Oxon Hill Farm was operated by patients from St. Elizabeth Hospital. It provided therapy as well as food for the patients at the institution. The land area varies from low flat river shoreline to high river terraces with intermediate rolling hills created by a reclaimed sanitary landfill which existed on the site until the mid-seventies. Today, Oxon Hill Farm which operates as a working farm, representative of the early 20th century.
Historic farm equipment and tools relating to the mechanization and commercialization of agriculture and the different types of farming in the Potomac River Basin (c. 1900-1941).
(National Capital Parks–East)