Traditional NRCA Guidance
Traditional NRCAs follow a common set of national guidelines and requirements. Within the sideboards established by that guidance, parks and study investigators have substantial flexibility—and are encouraged to be innovative—in developing study design details that are a good fit for the park's local circumstances and highest-priority information needs.
National Guidelines and Requirements
- Apply to all 2009 (and subsequent year) project starts
- Identify minimum requirements and outline project-level flexibility
- Will be revised on an as-needed basis
(Note that departure from these requirements requires prior approval from NRCA program leads at region and national office levels—see list of contacts.)
Standard Report Outline + Standard Chapter 1
- Standard NRCA General Guidance (Updated 2017)
- Standard Chapter 1: Word Document (.docx) or PDF
- Annotated NRCA Report Outline (2010) - outlines content expectations.
General Standards, Requirements, and Project Flexibility
- NRCA Report Template - a formatted Word Document for authors.
- NRCA Author Checklist
- Importing and Replacing MS Word Styles
- Example Tables and Figure Formatting Template for NRCA Authors