United States History Standards for Grades 5-12
| Two American Entrepreneurs:
Madam C.J. Walker and J.C. Penney
relates to the following National Standards for History:
Era 6: The Development of the Industrial United States (1870-1900)
- Standard 1A- The student understands the connections among industrialization, the advent of the modern corporation, and material well-being.
- Standard 2B- The student understands "scientific racism", race relations, and the struggle for equal rights.
- Standard 2C- The student understands how new cultural movements at different social levels affected American life.
Era 7: The Emergence of Modern America (1890-1930)
- Standard 3B- The student understands how a modern capitalist economy emerged in the 1920s.
- Standard 3C- The student understands how new cultural movements reflected and changed American society.