United States History Standards for Grades 5-12
The Lasting Legacy of Colonial City Planning
relates to the following National Standards for History:
Era 2: Colonization and Settlement (1585-1763)
- Standard 1A- The student understands how diverse immigrants affected the formation of European colonies.
- Standard 1B- The student understands the European struggle for control of North America.
- Standard 2A- The student understands the roots of representative government and how political rights were defined.
- Standard 3A- The student understands colonial economic life and labor systems in the Americas.
- Standard 3B- The student understands economic life and the development of labor systems in the English colonies.
Era 4: Expansion and Reform (1801-1861)
- Standard 2D- The student understands the rapid growth of "the peculiar institution" after 1800 and the varied experiences of African Americans under slavery.