Questions for Photos 6 and 7
1. Why do you think Jensen designed this bench as a large stone circle?
2. Why do you think Jensen designed a city pool as a rural swimming hole? How does having rocky ledges, instead of a flat deck like many modern pools, change the experience for the swimmers at Columbus Park? Why do you think Jensen's pools were eventually replaced with modern pools?
3. To what senses do these features appeal? How did Jensen's design encourage children to exercise mind and body?
4. Jensen originally included no playground equipment in the park. Do you think playground equipment helps or discourages imagination? Explain.
* The photos on this screen have a resolution of 72 dots per inch (dpi), and therefore will print poorly. You can obtain a larger version of Photo 6 and Photo 7, but be aware that each file will take as much as 30 seconds to load with a 28.8K modem.