Questions for Photo 1
1. What happened to the original Borden house?
2. Why do you think the Union Army burned the house? Was this an appropriate act in time of war? Why or why not?
3. Review Reading 2. What are the similarities and differences between the house in the photo and the one Caldonia describes in her history?
4. This house is now a part of the Prairie Grove Battlefield Trail tour. Why is it important to preserve the Borden house? Why is it important to know Caledonia's memory of the Battle of Prairie Grove?
* The photo on this screen has a resolution of 72 dots per inch (dpi), and therefore will print poorly. You can obtain a high quality version of Photo 1, but be aware that the file will take as much as 40 seconds to load with a 28.8K modem.