United States History Standards for Grades 5-12
| Gran Quivira:
A Blending of Cultures in a Pueblo Indian Village
relates to the following National Standards for History:
Era 1: Three Worlds Meet (Beginnings to 1620)
- Standard 1A- The student understands the patterns of change in indigenous societies in the Americas up to the Columbian voyages.
- Standard 2A- The student understands the stages of European oceanic and overland exploration, amid international rivalries, from the 9th to 17th centuries.
- Standard 2B- The student understands the Spanish and Portuguese conquest of the Americas.
Era 2: Colonization and Settlement (1585-1763)
- Standard 1B- The student understands the European struggle for control of North America.
- Standard 3A- The student understands colonial economic life and labor systems in the Americas.