Photo 3 was taken from the top of Ryan Mountain in Joshua Tree National Park, looking down on the Wonderland of Rocks. This provides a good view of how these rock piles rise up out of the flat desert plain.
Questions for Photos 3 & 4
1. Refer to Map 2 to locate the Wonderland of Rocks.
2. Why might Keys have chosen this "Wonderland" for his ranch site?
3. Do the rocks appear larger in Photo 4 than in Photo 3? If so, why?
4. Does Photo 4 change your impression of the ranch based on Drawing 1 and Readings 1 and 2? If so, how?
* The photos on this screen have a resolution of 72 dots per inch (dpi), and therefore will print poorly. You can obtain a high quality version of Photo 3 and Photo 4, but be aware that each file will take as much as 33 seconds to load with a 28.8K modem.